Wednesday, September 3, 2008

An Apple for the Teacher



Teacher Update!

I know, I know. People have been asking about school. I am sorry it has taken this long to get to my blog. I have been so overwhelmed/busy. I think I am getting better at it all though.

Today was my 5th day of school. We started last Wednesday, and then we had Monday off, so I still haven't had a full week of school. I've been okay with that though :) I had a relaxing 3-day weekend.

My first day of school was a lot of fun! I REALLY like my homeroom class. My team teacher's class, however, is a handfull! I get them about 2 hours a day. Some of them are crazy ;) It is okay though. I'll get a handle on it :)

I'll put pictures up later, but for now, here is a fun, little survey about myself!


I AM … a believer. a wife. a daughter. a friend. a teacher.
I WANT… an animal running around our condo.
I HAVE … the love of an amazing man.
I KEEP … all of the notes and cards that mean something to me in a metal basket on my desk.
I WISH I COULD … get over my fear of heights! I almost couldn't get all the way up the Eiffel Tower.
I HATE … running late. All the time. I am slowly getting better at this. I promise.
I FEAR … speaking in public-crazy, that I picked a job talking in front of adolescents, I know.
I HEAR … the harshness of the wind blowing across the lake and shaking our windows.
I DON’T THINK … that the Olympics should only be a couple weeks long. Casey and I definitely had withdraws.
I REGRET … quitting piano lessons in middle school (after several years of practice)!
I LOVE … my adorably cute husband.
I AM NOT … easy to convince. I guess you could call me hard-headed.
I DANCE … really silly when I'm hyper.
I SING … along with any song that I know the words to, and some that I don't (this makes Casey laugh).
I NEVER … want to miss out on any opportunity that God is giving me because I am scared of the unknown.
I RARELY … go a day without checking Facebook-that's probably because I am a Facebook addict. However, I have been skipping a few days every now and then since I started school.
I CRY WHEN I WATCH … Oprah. It gets to me almost every time. I also admit that I cried during one episode of The Office. Sad, right?
I AM NOT ALWAYS … in a good mood, but when I teach, I try to fake it.
I HATE THAT … there are students in my class that feel like misfits.
I’M CONFUSED ABOUT … children whose parents are okay with them being disrespectful to other adults, or even themselves.
I NEED … to cook more. Please help me save my famished husband!
I SHOULD … be reading or cleaning. But rather I digress by this fun little survey.

1 comment:

Elementary Counselor said...

It sounds like everything is going great!! =) You are going to be a wonderful teacher.