Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sawyer's 15 Month Checkup!

Sawyer had her 15 month checkup and it went well (except for the 3 shots that she had to get!). Everyone knows my girl is tiny. She weighed 19 lbs 8 oz which is the 10th percentile. That's actually up from her 12 month appointment, though, where she was in the 4th percentile at 17 lbs 6 oz. She measured 30 1/2 inches long which is 50th percentile (at her 12 month she was 29 inches long which was also 50th percentile). To give some perspective, Sawyer was 6th percentile for weight when she was born and 65th percentile for height. So maybe her height and weight are going to start evening out a little. Who knows. 

Sawyer still has 12 teeth and is getting a little better at eating. She has started trying new things and is in enjoying chicken more and more :) Today she ate several chicken nuggets at Chick-fil-A. :)

Little Miss Thang has started the "fit throwing stage." We have had to have some serious talks, and I normally win, but sometimes she takes it out of me. Haha. I am working on perfecting the best method to nip these tantrums in the bud. I'm also working on just being consistent. I noticed that I was being more consistent when I wasn't as tired. It's definitely harder when you're pregnant, so I'm working on that. :)

Sawyer has also begun crying a little when I leave her places (grandparents, nursery, etc.). She never did this before so I think she's just beginning the attachment phase. Also, Casey has gone out of town 3 weeks this summer and I noticed that each time he was gone it got significantly worse…especially this last time. Whew, it was a tiring week. She was even clingy with me at home and one day we didn't even leave the house it was so bad! Not to mention she was sick. I felt bad for her, but I also felt bad for me! Haha. Unfortunately (for Sawyer) we are leaving her for one week (more like 5 nights) in August for a little vacation so hopefully it's not too rough on her. It makes me a little sad, but I know she's okay of course. I'm not nearly as bad as other moms who just decide not to leave them ever because it breaks their heart to see them cry when you walk off. I know it's good for her to be apart for me for a little bit each week. 

Sawyer is still friendly and waves at everyone she sees. Still cracks me up! The other day we let her walk from our table at a restaurant to the door when we were leaving and she stopped at all the booths to wave to the people. :) Most people think it's cute and wave back, but you get the occasional person who ignores her and she just keeps waving until they look up. Haha. 

We pray with Sawyer each night right before bed and she is so curious as to why we have our eyes closed (we squint and peak and see her looking so confused). Lately she's started saying "ba ba" in the same inflection that we say "amen" in and it is so funny. She starts saying it over and over as soon as we close our eyes now and I almost always start laughing during the prayer. It is just so cute. I am looking forward to when the word actually sounds like amen. Haha.

Sawyer loves her doggy Lucy, swinging the backyard, picking tomatoes from the garden, playing with her toys in the living room, looking at books, climbing in and out of her Sawyer-sized chairs, & eating gold fish.
The suitcase tour ;)
listening to the concert at the lake!
 
she always falls asleep on the way home from church :)
 
 
enjoying the fireworks!
 
 
 
 
first day of swim lessons! :)
 
 
 
She is such a joy! :)

No comments: