Monday, July 23, 2012

Baby #2: Week 17


Week 17  



Size: baby is 5 ounces and 5 inches long!


Baby Changes: His skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — his lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. He can move his joints, and his sweat glands are starting to develop.


Best Moment this Week: Duh!! Getting our 2nd sonogram and finding out the gender! I loved our "balloon reveal" - it was so fun! :) Baby was moving all around for us to see during the sonogram and everything looks normal! Still praying for a healthy baby. :)


Gender: BOY!!! I still can't believe it! I keep telling Casey I don't know what to do with a boy and he told me "do the same thing you do with Sawyer, just don't put a bow on his head!" Haha!


Movement: I feel him moving all the time now. For sure every time I lay down but a lot when I'm just sitting, too. I don't think I've felt him yet when I'm up or walking around, but I know that's coming. Haha. I am curious to see if he'll set up shop in one particular place like Sawyer always did. She kept her feet on my left side for the last 3 months and I got lots of soreness there. ;)


Food Craving: Unfortunately I crave Dr Pepper a lot. Ugh.  I really wish I just didn't like it…but it's just so darn good! ;) Last night I was just craving a good home cooked meal, but I was so tired and Casey was at church so my mom made me dinner! :) Thanks, mom!
Sleep: been sleeping hard!


What I am looking forward to: redoing the nursery! registering! picking out boy clothes! everything! haha! :)


Pregnant Belly: I finally gained some weight! I was up 3 lbs since my last appointment on June 12th so now I'm at 120lbs. Goal weight for this pregnancy is under 148 (that's what I weighed when I had Sawyer). We'll see if I can make that happen! I know it will be harder with all the holiday food this go around. ;)


Symptoms: somehow I left this off of the last few posts! My only symptom this week is a sore back!!! And I think I've somehow reinsured my tailbone. Not sure what's going on with that, but it sure does hurt!!! I broke it in 11th grade, but haven't had much trouble with it since…now I'm having trouble sitting on the floor and driving. Ouch!


My self-portrait belly shot...

2 comments:

Ginni said...

Love what Casey said about not putting a bow on his head - that's funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'll know what to do with a boy either if we have one! You can give me lots of tips by then. :) Oh, and that was sweet of your mom to cook you dinner!