Monday, June 11, 2012

Confessions of a Pregnant Woman

Today on my way home from Mesquite I stopped at Sonic to get a drink during Happy Hour. I planned to get a cherry-limeade since it's caffeine-free and I'm not drinking caffeine trying not to drink as much caffeine. While I was waiting in line to order I was thinking about how good the mozzarella sticks sounded with some ranch! But then I thought back to what my doctor said about avoiding fried foods and desserts (super sad he said that because it totally bums me out every time I have dessert). So, anyway, I decided to just order the drink and forgo the yummy mozzarella sticks.

But then, my entire ride home on hwy 30 I thought about those amazing mozzarella sticks and how my cherry-limeade just wasn't complete without them. So when I took my exit home I stopped at the Sonic by my house and order the mozzarella sticks. :) The girl asked me if I wanted a drink since it was Happy Hour and I told her no, but then when I pulled up to the window she asked again and then saw my large Sonic drink in my cup holder and said, "oh, you've already been to Sonic today." I just smiled and said, "yep" and then hung my head in shame.

I have never before stopped at 2 Sonics within a 15 minute period. Until now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahaha! I was cracking up while reading this. I knew you were going to stop at another Sonic when I got to the end of the first paragraph. :) Sounds like I have some fun things to look forward to during pregnancy! lol

The Roberts' said...

Why did your doc say no fried foods or desserts? Did you have gestational diabetes last time? That is depressing!

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

Haha, Lauren, you know me so well. ;)

Courtney - I did not have gestational diabetes. He is just giving me hints to not gain too much weight (not that I did last time). He said the same thing last time. I think it's just part of his normal speech at the first appointment. ;)

Stephen and Kristen Dirks said...

hahaha this is hysterical. oh lauren coats i miss you.