Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sawyer's getting tubes...

My sweet Sawyer is getting tubes put in her ears this coming Monday. Casey & I are both so ready for this to take place. Our poor child has had 10+ ear infections between the 2 ears. It is crazy and ridiculous to have that many at only 11 months old. Her first ear infection was a double ear infection at 3 months old. She has had about 1 ear infection every month since then (that was July 2011). She even had one last week when we went out of town for spring break. Poor baby! It made me so upset that she was sick again while we were in another state!!! I hated being that far away from her when she was not feeling well. She was vomiting, had diarrhea, fever, ear infection, and wouldn't eat! That's probably the 2nd sickest she's ever been and it was while we were away. I told Casey I'm not going skiing next year, and if I remember how I felt this time I probably won't! Ha. Luckily, it seems my memory is not too great post-pregnancy. I think God does that to you for a reason…so you don't remember all the awful sicknesses and feelings you felt when your baby was sick! It's just too much and then you'd never leave the house. :) So, anyway, she is getting tubes Monday morning at 7am at Rockwall Presby. It will only be about a 20 minute procedure and she will have anesthesia through gas. When I got tubes at age 4 they didn't do anesthesia and all I had was a serious amount of cough syrup!! I still remember waking up and it hurt! Not horribly, but it still did hurt. Poor baby inherited my small Eustachian tubes. My mom has bad ears, too. My grandma says it's a Rowan thing (my grandpa's side of the family). Apparently Sawyer inherited my waxy ears, too. Haha. The doctor and I talked about this today at her pre-op appointment. He said it probably was genetic. Funny. We have to clean her ears constantly and they are still waxy! Geez! Also today he said she still had fluid in her ear. He seemed even more certain that we were doing the right thing by getting the tubes. He thinks the infections clear up but that the fluid isn't ever going completely away. I'm glad we are taking care of this and that she'll be able to hear correctly afterward. I can't imagine only ever hearing as if you are under water. It's amazing she says as many words as she does with that happening. Smart girl. :)


In other news, I am just killing time right now before Casey & I leave to go see the midnight premiere of THE HUNGER GAMES! Sawyer is spending the night at my mom's and Casey is taking a pre-movie nap right now. Am I crazy for having to work tomorrow morning? I haven't announced this on the blog, but I keep twin 16 month-old boys 2 days a week and I am keeping them tomorrow!! It is like I have triplets on those days and tomorrow I'll have "triplets" after only 4 hours of sleep! Oh my!!! Then tomorrow night we have Casey's cousin's wedding to attend! No sleep for me! Maybe Casey will run get me Starbucks tomorrow ;)


Okay, I'm gonna go wake Casey up now and head to the theater! Woohoo! So excited and I know Casey is too because it's his first movie after reading the book and it's his first midnight premiere! Yay! :)

No comments: