Friday, March 16, 2012

My Eleven Month Old Sawyer Grace

SHE'S HUGE!!!! The girl is growing fast. I am starting to get a little sentimental thinking about this last month of her as a true baby. 1 automatically sounds out of the baby stage and into the toddler stage. Noooooooo. It can't be so. This stage is a ton of fun, but I just get a little teary thinking about how fast she is growing up. If the first year goes by this fast, I know she's going to be 16 and back-talking me in no time! (Sawyer, if you're 16 and reading this…remember that it makes Momma sad when you're not respectful) Haha. :)


AT ELEVEN MONTHS… 
  • Sawyer still puts a smile on my face at bedtime. She goes down without a fuss and stays down til morning. She's still taking two good naps during the day as well.
  • Sawyer is crawling all over the place and is now doing the hands & knees crawl.
  • She has started pulling up on me, in her crib, and on some toys. She usually just pulls to her knees, but sometimes gets all the way up to standing. 
  • Sawyer has hit a new high with baby food! She has started eating like a champ. In the past few days she has eaten 2 containers of baby food plus a bottle at every feeding. 
  • Sawyer has 8 teeth! 4 on top and 4 on bottom. She has more teeth than any other 11 month old I know!
  • Sawyer still loves clapping whenever I say "yay" or "clap." It's so cute and she smiles so huge when she does it. :)
  • She is still "dancing" when music plays on one of her toys. It's super funny and she is getting better at it. Total white girl dance though. ;)
  • Sawyer still wears 6-9 month clothing and size 2 diapers.
  • She still loves bath time and is looking forward to swim lessons this summer! :)
  • Goodness gracious Sawyer is a momma's girl. She almost jumps out of other people's arms to get to me! It's sweet, but I wish she'd at least let her dada hold her a little longer. My arms get tired. :)
  • Sawyer points at things and people now and also understands to look wherever I am pointing. I am working on counting the numbers 1 & 2 because those are the fingers she can hold up on purpose when I do it. :)
  • Sawyer is saying "ma ma," "da da," "bye bye," "uh oh," and "dog" on purpose. She also babbles "God" but I know she doesn't know what that means yet. :) Sawyer will point at Lucy and say "dog." Super cute!
  • She has really started playing with her toys. She puts balls into the holes they belong in, she beats her little drum, she hugs her baby dolls, and she pushes button and spins the spinners. She really enjoys play time these days. 
  • Sawyer had her first big stay with grandparents this past week. Casey & I went skiing in Colorado and Sawyer spent 5 nights away from home! 4 nights with G-Momma & Momma Sheila and 1 night with Mimi & Poppy! She got super sick with vomiting, diarrhea, fever, red/sore throat, and an ear infection while we were out of town. :( I almost worried myself sick about it. So glad my mom took her to the doctor and got her some meds! By the time we got back she was already on the up & up. Whew! Thanks to all her grandparents for taking good care of her while we were away! :) I will say she came back a little bit spoiled, but I guess that's what grandparents are for…;)
  • Sawyer's hair is growing super fast and I think it will be long enough for her first pony tail by her first birthday! We shall see ;)
  • Sawyer is still a smiley girl, although she has definitely become a bit more shy when her momma is holding her. She will look at someone and smile and then bury her head in my shoulder. Funny & cute. 
Sawyer's Weight Progression:
10 months - 17 lbs 6 oz
11 months - 17 lbs 8 oz


Our little sweet pea!
We love you sooo much Sawyer! We are going to have such a blast during your last month of being a little baby under 1 :)

2 comments:

Stephen and Kristen Dirks said...

I can't believe it has almost been a year. She's so big and so beautiful!

Ginni said...

I can't believe she is going to be 1!!! Such a big girl! Can't wait to celebrate this sweet girl!