Friday, November 11, 2011

Pinning!

You should know what that means by now. It's all the craze. Pinning is something you do on Pinterest to waste time (that we all have plenty of). It has different craft ideas, DIY (do it yourself), food, clothes, etc. etc. etc. It has everything! I have redone 3 of my pins so far. And since I am proud of myself for making time to actually do the stuff after wasting my time pinning the stuff, I thought I'd share. :)

First piece of inspiration from Pinterest:
A spice rack redo to hold nail polish! 
So, to complete this task, I first went to Helping Hands in Rockwall and found this old spice rack for $5. Then I went to Lowe's and got some spray paint :)  I came home and spray painted it blue and it now hangs in my closet with all my nail polish on it!! Love it!
 
I don't have quite as much nail polish, but now that I have a place for it to go, I don't mind buying some more :)

My 2nd piece of Pinterest inspiration:
owl cupcakes!
I made these for CG (our Monday night Bible Study) one week! They were a hit! :)
I used Oreos for the whites of the eyes and Reese's Pieces for the pupils and nose! Then you just kind of flare the icing to make ears! Super easy and fun!
pretty yummy, too!

My 3rd piece of Pinterest inspiration:
baby in a pumpkin!
This one is super easy (except for step 1).
Step 1: have a baby.
Step 2: buy a pumpkin.
Step 3. cut off top of pumpkin and clean out pumpkin guts.
Step 4: carve out two holes at the bottom of the pumpkin.
Step 5: put super cute baby in pumpkin :)

Here are some of the more easy "pinning" projects I plan to do:

I am getting a sofa table for my big wall in the living room and am going to do a bunch of pictures, etc. on the wall above
 This year when we pack up our Christmas ornaments I am going to put some of them in recycled egg cartons that I have been saving - great storage!
Just need to buy a basket to do this easy ribbon organizer! 
I am going to velcro the baskets in our bathroom drawer - they easily move around and make a mess! This will be simple and easy! 

Have fun pinning!

No comments: