Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Seven Month Old Sawyer Grace

7 months old. Little Sawyer is 7 months old. I can't believe it. We definitely feel like she is growing up quickly now. She has made some huge "growing strides" this month.

AT SEVEN MONTHS… 
  • Sawyer still sleeps all night long (almost 12 full hours) and gets up most mornings between 7:30 and 9:00am. 
  • She has yet to have a cranky night and wake me up since about 3 months old - from what I hear from most people, this is amazing and I am one lucky momma! :)
  • She takes way less naps now and sometimes will go all day with only one one-hour nap. Occasionally she'll take two naps or one long three-hour nap.
  • Sawyer rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls. She rolls all around the living room and gets into things and she isn't even crawling yet! I thought I had at least until she crawls to worry about that, but no, rolling can get you into just as much trouble. :)
  • Sawyer sits up without any help now. She still falls over some (after several minutes) and will occasionally cry when she hits her head. For the most part she just falls over and starts to roll. Maybe she falls over on purpose so she can roll?
  • She reaches for anything and everything. She is super curious and is entertained by everything. I love watching her take in the world around her.
  • Sawyer eats baby food once or twice a day. So far she likes sweet potatoes, sweet peas, green beans, squash, prunes, and garden vegetables. She dislikes applesauce (seriously?! I think that's the best one!) and carrots (or rather, carrots dislike her). 
  • Sawyer still takes about 5 bottles a day (about 6 oz each time).
  • Sawyer has 2 bottom teeth and is starting to cut her 2 middle, top teeth. She is not really fussy when she cuts teeth, so that is nice :)
  • Sawyer wears 3 month or 3-6 month clothing now. She is still a tiny thing :)
  • She is still wearing size 1 diapers, but I think we're about to move on to 2's as soon as we run out of this last box of 1's :)
  • Sawyer has started laughing and it is one of the sweetest little noises I have ever heard in my life. I actually got teary-eyed the first time she did it. It was just so sweet. I got it on video so I will have to post it soon. :)
  • Sawyer still enjoys bath time, buggy rides at school, playing in her bouncy chair, and now she is enjoying playing in her walker, too! She can't touch the ground in it yet, but we put a pillow under it and she likes to play with the toys attached to the tray.
  • She is still a little chatter box and I am thinking she may always be (like her momma)!
  • Sawyer graduated from the StarBand this month! Woohoo! She wore it for 2 months and 3 weeks! Her head is pretty and round :)
  • Sawyer loves playing with her daddy and grabbing his facial hair. She looks at him in amazement. It's pretty sweet ;)
  • For a while there (between about 3 and 6 months old) Sawyer would only fall asleep in a bed/pack-n-play or her car seat and now she is getting to where she will fall asleep on me and cuddle a little. I had missed it there for a while and would even pick her up after she fell asleep to cuddle with her, so I am taking full advantage of it now that she will let me hold her as she falls asleep :)
  • Sawyer is so friendly and everywhere we go people comment on how easily she cracks a smile at them. I love that she is not shy and that she seems to be a friendly, people-person with a sweet, little smile. 
Sawyer's Weight Progression:
6 months - 13 lbs 6 oz
7 months - 14 lbs 8 oz

The light of my life!
We love you, Sawyer Grace. You are the best thing that has ever happened to your Daddy and I. You are already proving yourself to be a sweet and friendly little girl. I know you are going to make us proud.

3 comments:

~Laura~ said...

I got teary eyed when Aubrey first laughed too. Its just the best thing! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, I wish I was able to see her more often! (and you too!) Good post. :)

Unknown said...

She is beautiful!!!