Sunday, May 30, 2010

14th Annual Micah Johnson Memorial Golf Tournament

On April 24th Casey put on the 14th annual Micah Johnson Memorial Golf Tournament at Buffalo Creek to raise money for c|Life's youth group! This year the tournament raised $17,000! That was a big increase over last year! I even had some fun at this tournament, but I was not playing golf. Instead, I got to drive around a golf cart and at the 9th hole I asked each team if they would like to "buy a drive" and take their first shot a lot closer to the hole for $20 a team (also part of the fundraiser). Another cool part of this golf tournament is the silent auction! Casey and I won a portrait session with Jared Rey, a photographer that Casey went to high school with and that we now go to church with. We're very excited about this because many of our friends at church have had their pictures done with him and they are very good!


Let me leave you with the 1st place winners at the golf tournament and the tournament host (Casey)!

No comments: