Sunday, April 25, 2010

Husband, Friend, Son, Youth Minister, Student, etc. etc. etc.

This post is dedicated to my wonderful husband, Casey Coats. You may know him as a friend or the youth guy at church. I know him as the hardest working husband in the world.

He works
and works
...and works.

This past weekend was the 14th Annual Micah Johnson Memorial Golf Tournament. It is a tournament dedicated to raising money for the youth and children's ministries at our church. Casey heads it up and did a great job! There were 25 teams and most teams had 4 people. So that makes for around 100 golfers. Casey made sure there was lunch and dinner for these people as well as trophies, prizes, and silent auction items. He worked his tail off before the tournament, then played in the tournament, then worked on cleaning up, etc. He even had to go back up there today to wrap up some stuff.

The reason I am writing about his hard-working-ness is because he had all that to do this week and the tournament on Saturday and he still managed to do the following today: 1) get up early for church and at the building by 8am. 2) stay for all 3 morning services. 3) navigate a family (that's a part of our membership process) after the 11:30 service. 4) help me put paper on my walls at school. 5) go back up to church for the 4:30 service. 6) teach a high school cg at 6pm after the 4:30 service. 7) come home and write two papers that were due tomorrow for his seminary classes. 8) walk the dog (this he did because he needed to relieve some stress and get some relaxation). 9) take a shower - I don't know about y'all, but after all that I'd be too pooped to even bathe myself. 10) spend some time watching a little tv with his wife.

Now, if you don't think that's a hard worker, I honestly don't know what is. He has got to be in the top percent of hard workers in the world. I would truly be willing to bet on it. He is always working around the house, on school work, or stuff for church.

I love him so much and soooo thankful for the hardworker that he is. I have NEVER had even the faintest doubt that my husband would provide for me. I love that.

I love you, babe. You're doing a good job. :)

No comments: