Friday, June 7, 2013

5 Months of Dayton



Dayton is such a happy, laid-back baby! He laughs and smiles easily and rarely cries (I hear from others that he cries occasionally, but for me, he's easy as can be!). He is growing so fast and recently I went through all of his clothes in his dresser and closet and came out with 2 diaper boxes full of clothes to give to Goodwill and 4 boxes full to give to my friend Alycia, who is having a baby boy in September! I cannot believe he is only 5 months old and I am already getting rid of 6 full boxes of clothes! I kept 1 box for myself of his newborn clothes, hats, and pjs that I couldn't part with. Every kid needs a box of clothes to open when they are expecting their first child! I loved getting a box from my mom and even Casey had his own "going home from the hospital" outfit that we were able to put on Dayton. So fun. :) 
Dayton has become a mover, so capturing his 5 month picture was a bit more difficult! As a result, it's a little blurry. Oh well.
This month he learned to:
roll over from his back to his tummy (he now rolls both ways!)
May 17th - first time to have rice cereal

Firsts:
swing in an outdoor swing at the playground
rice cereal
formula (still on breast milk, but also supplementing with formula)
overnight without mommy!! (I went on a retreat and left the kiddos with Casey)

His favorite things this month:
Momma
Daddy
Big sister, Sawyer
the jumperoo/exersaucer!
his baby swing
his paci
toys, rattles, teethers
ice cube pops!

Things he hates this month:
getting stuck in between the slats in his crib at night!
the car seat, but only sometimes

His sizes this month:
3-6 months clothes
3-6 month pjs, some 6-9 months pjs--had to put away some of my favorite pjs of his:(
newborn or size 1 shoes
size 2 diapers

New places he has been:
Pancho & Lefty's!

Important Events:
celebrated my 3rd Mother's Day and my 1st Mother's Day with Dayton! (Technically I was pregnant with him last Mother's Day, but that doesn't count;) Casey made a card that they both "signed" -- Sawyer actually colored on it, but Casey held the marker in Dayton's hand, haha. He also made me a slideshow of the 2 of them and I also got a gift certificate to my favorite nail salon! We went to Mother's Day lunch with Casey's parents and then a movie just the 2 of us that evening. 

Here's my cutie pie from the last month…
loving on his momma ;)
Dayton was added to the mix!! 
top picture is from April 2011, bottom picture from April 2013 :)
sissy covered me in stickers… 
sweet sibling time 
Dayton's 1st Mother's Day (outside of the womb, haha)!
Playdate with Ginni & Mathis!
These 2 are going to be good buds. Only 4 months apart.
1st time to try rice cereal! 
1st time to swing!
Such a FUN age! Casey and I have always said that our favorite "baby stage" is around 7-10 months. He is getting close to that and I am super excited! He is already becoming so interactive and it is a lot of fun! Bring on the summer!!!

No comments: