Thursday, November 15, 2012

Baby #2: Weeks 32-34!

I know, I know, I'm way behind. But I'm catching up now! Life has been super busy the last 3 weeks plus I am getting some serious 3rd trimester fatigue that I did NOT experience with Sawyer. Stinks for sure! So, all of my energy is put into school, work, Casey, Sawyer, and the house! Little energy left for blogging…and it doesn't seem like it would take much, but by the end of the day sometimes I think I could do little more than just lay on the couch. Even my fingers are tired :)

Week 32

Baby Changes: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Best moment this week: Taking Sawyer to trunk-or-treat and trick-or-treating! She was such a cute little cupcake! :) I got a free pedicure at La Bella Belly this week, too! :) Also, I got to spend a fun night with the girls for Laura's bachelorette party!

Gender: He's a boy! ;)

Movement: He's still a mover!

Food cravings: cookies, apples (that's kind of new, I know!), milk, Dr Pepper…

What I am looking forward to: Putting up the wall in the nursery!!!

Symptoms: acid reflux!!! UGH! Having to use the bathroom several times a night! :(

*At my 32 week, 4 day doctor's appointment my blood pressure was 108/60, and I had gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks (now totaling 138 lbs). Dayton's heart rate was 150 bpm.

Week 33

Baby Changes: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Best moment this week: spending time with friends at Laura's wedding and having lunch with Rachel & Lauren! :) Also had a dr appt…no sonogram, but we talked a little more about "the end" which is always exciting! I've started going every 2 weeks, which I'm not crazy about, but hopefully he'll come a little early and that will be 1 or 2 less doctor appointments ;)

Gender: Boy! Dayton!

Movement: A kicker for sure! Sometimes it hurts really bad! Haha.

Food cravings: Dr Pepper, milk, cookies ;)

What I am looking forward to: picking up the cushions for the glider/ottoman (I got an old one for $25 and had it reupholstered for only $30! Score!).

Symptoms: The acid reflux is getting SO bad. It's awful!

Here's my 33 week picture!
Week 34

Baby Changes: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Best moment this week: getting the nursery wayyyy closer to finished! I will post pics as soon as it is completely done, which will probably be sometime in early December. (Hopefully!) :) So far I love it!

Gender: Dayton is a boy!

Movement: I can tell he is running out of room, but he still manages his way around in there in order to kick me in the ribs or something ;) Sometimes it is painful! I do NOT like the feeling when he hits one of my bones. Feels weird! He moves WAY more than Sawyer. It's crazy!

Food cravings: Cheetos. Haha!

What I am looking forward to: last touches on the nursery!

Symptoms: ACID REFLUX IS THE DEVIL. And also I'm really tired now. It's just hit me this week like a ton of bricks. AND waking up several times a night to use the restroom doesn't help ;)

*At my 34 week, 4 day doctor's appointment my blood pressure was 118/70, I had gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks (now totalling 141 lbs) and I got a sonogram! Dayton's heart rate was 140 bpm. Everything looked good! 

34 week picture!

Only 6 weeks (or less) left!!!

1 comment:

jordanandrachel said...

its getting so close!!! :)