Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Baby #2 Weeks 24 & 25

I have been so bad at blogging lately. You'd think I'd have a lot of time since I stay at home, but that's just not the case. I have been soooo busy!!! My only true day off during the week (from school or keeping kids) is Tuesday and lately Tuesdays have been packed full! And the weekends have been no better. They are always busy, busy, busy. Anyway, here are 2 weeks worth of pregnancy :)

Week 24  

Baby Changes: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Best moment this week: We went to the 1st A&M SEC game in College Station and had a blast!! :) Someone with 4 season tickets offered 2 of them to us! We were ecstatic, and very thankful! :)

Gender: It's a boy!! :)

Movement: all the time!!!!

Food cravings: Caffeine sadly…Dr Pepper, Starbucks frappuccinos, you name it.

What I am looking forward to: painting the nursery!

Symptoms: back pain:(    *didn't get a pregnant belly pic this week…

Week 25   

Baby Changes: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more 
hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Best moment this week: had a date night with Casey! We went to Saltgrass (we had a gift card!!) and had an awesome dinner/dessert and then went to Target to register for the baby! Mimi & Poppy kept Sawyer at our house and we had a nice evening out. It was refreshing! :)

Gender: It's still a boy! (Although I haven't had another sonogram since finding out, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was accurate;)

Movement: He moves all the time -- day & night!

Food cravings: Seriously not joking about always wanting a frappuccino…It just tastes and sounds so good all the time… :) (I get decaf though:)

What I am looking forward to: last week when I was away on my internship Casey surprised me by painting the nursery! It needs one more coat, but I was so happy to come home and see it painted! :) We still have lots more to do in there, but we are almost completely done with the dresser, too, and then we'll put it in there! Woohoo! :)

Symptoms: back pain, acid reflux (Tums are my bedside friend)

Pregnant belly: I had my 24 week doctor appointment and glucose test this week (still haven't heard back from that so I am assuming I passed!) and I gained another 3-4 pounds this month (now at 128 I believe). My blood pressure was still low and baby's heartbeat was strong. I go again on October 8th and then begin my every 2 week appointments. Can't believe it's that time already!
Here's my 25 week picture!

No comments: