Monday, September 3, 2012

Baby #2: Week 23

Week 23 

Baby Changes: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as large as a mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry to the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now--such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner--probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb. 

Best moment this week: Is it sad that one of my most favorite things to do this week was get my hair done?! I hadn't gotten it done since April 3rd so I went a full 5 months and MAN! did it need it. I had split ends two inches long and roots about 3 inches, haha. My hair started growing so fast since I found out I was pregnant/taking prenatal vitamins and I don't like to get it done during the first half of pregnancy (fumes are not good to breathe during that time) so I waited until now, and whew am I loving my shorter blonder hair! :) We also got together to eat dinner with Casey's entire family and his sister, Stephanie, gave me a ton of baby boy clothes so it's been fun going through them and hanging them up in his closet. :) ALSO, Sawyer & I got to go on a fun lunch date with Ginni & Mathis this week, as well as dinner at her house with Alycia, and then a fun double date with the Rickersons on Saturday AND they came over on Sunday night - This has definitely been the week of Ginni! :) Haha! But it's great because I went so long with her being on bed rest and then having a baby so we missed them a lot :) We also registered at Babies R Us the other day and it was so different looking at boy stuff as opposed to girl stuff! I'll admit it's not quite as fun, but it's also kind of nice to not need as much. :) Today (Labor Day) Casey & I have been finally preparing baby boy's nursery! Woo too! We have primed the dresser and drawers and have bought paint for his room. We still have to do the final color on the dress (to be a surprise;). I'm so excited to see how it turns out! :)

Gender: It's a boy!!

Movement: I think he moves non-stop. Seriously. Haha!

Food cravings: still Dr Pepper unfortunately. I really need to kick the habit.

What I am looking forward to: finishing the dresser and painting the room! :) Woohoo! (Can you tell I'm excited we finally got started?!)

Pregnant belly: Definitely feeling bigger. I sometimes feel as big/out of breath/unable to do things as I did with Sawyer in the last few weeks. I am not sure if that is normal, but Sawyer's pregnancy was for sure easier on me. Could one year of aging make that much difference? I'm still only 26!

Symptoms: I'm currently battling a pretty bad sore throat - I'm sure that's got nothing to do with being pregnant though. :)
Here's 23 weeks pregnant me! :)

1 comment:

jordanandrachel said...

I think its the year difference AND that its a boy that its harder:) haha! Boys are harder in the womb and easier out...right?

Can't wait to see the nursery:)