Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our 4th Anniversary!

Casey & I celebrated 4 years of marriage on December 29, 2011!  4 years doesn't really feel like a long enough time to fit in everything that Casey & I have accomplished together and all the memories we have made since our wedding day! I mean, goodness, we have been to 3 foreign countries together, had fun on several vacations, gone on mission trips locally and abroad, I got a teaching job & quit that same job to stay home, we bought a house, bought 2 cars, I graduated from A&M, graduate school for both of us, Casey graduated from DTS, and we had a baby!! All of that feels like it could fit into 4 years decades, right?

Anyway, every year Casey and I do something special for our wedding anniversary. This year was quite a bit more low-key since we're on a stricter budget and have a baby at home, but it was still a lot of fun! We went to a bed and breakfast in Austin and stayed for one night. I actually bought the deal on living social a year ago so it was "free" to us (or felt that way). We got there at check in, took a nap (that's what you do when you go away and have a baby at home;), got ready for the night, went to a nice dinner at Maggiano's (we had a gift card!), and then went to a movie and saw War Horse (had another gift card!!). Dinner was nice because they knew it was our anniversary (because they asked if it was a special occasion when we made reservations) so different waiters and waitresses came by several times and told us 'happy anniversary' and after the meal they came out with a little dessert and candle. Very good experience and Casey & I love Maggiano's. The next day we slept in a little, and then had the homemade breakfast prepared for us by the b&b owner. Very good as well. After we got ready and checked out we went to eat lunch with Casey's college friend Lance and his wife Leslie and daughter Gracen! We ate at Mighty Fine Burgers which is owned and started by Rudy's BBQ. It was pretty good! After lunch Casey and I headed to Round Rock Outlet Malls and did a little shopping (it's kind of a tradition that goes along with our anniversary trips since we just got money or gift cards from Christmas:)

I took very few pictures on this trip, but no anniversary post is complete without at least a couple! So here they are! I vow to take more next year on our 5th anniversary :)

Ps… thinking of future anniversary trips reminds me that Casey eventually wants to go on a cruise and I have never really had the desire to go on one…  and I want to go on one even less now that a cruise ship has tumped over in the ocean. Seriously, crazy.

Anyway, back to the pictures…I should have asked someone to take a picture of us so my arm wouldn't be sticking out in all of the pictures of the two of us together… oh well. 

Oh!!! I almost forgot, this year we didn't get each other individual presents, but we got new bedding and lamps for our bedroom (since we got a king this summer we had still been using our queen stuff)! I love it (it's pretty and soft) and we have been having good some good night's sleep! :)
Pictures of our bedding:
yep, that's a lot of pillows!
 And…some pictures that are in our bedroom :)
My nightstand…
Casey's nightstand…  his girls:)

All that to say, we had a good anniversary and look forward to many, many more! :)

1 comment:

Ginni said...

Love the leopard skirt!!