Sunday, September 25, 2011

I sew! Who Knew?

Over the summer I took a few sewing lessons with Natalie Swartz - http://www.sewcreativegirl.blogspot.com/! At my first lesson I made a pillow for Sawyer's room. My next 2 lessons were spent making bedroom curtains for our room! My next 3 lessons were for making my mom 5 pillows and 2 large window cushions! I've enjoyed sewing and will *hopefully* be getting a sewing machine for Christmas!! :)
Sawyer's pillow :)
Our bedroom curtains!
These look so much better now that we have a king size bed and the nightstands are directly in front of the windows… However, now that we have a king size bed we are going to get new bedding soon (when I find something I like), so that means I will be making new curtains to match! I was never crazy about this material anyway, but I didn't really know what else to buy either!
an Instagram pic!
My mom's window seat and pillows!
I had to hand sew the window seat - which was hard work and my fingers definitely hurt afterward! I even had Casey help me for a little bit and he did a great job! :)
Here's to more sewing in the future!!! ;)

No comments: