Monday, June 15, 2009

Declaration

I declare this the official first day of summer 2009.

Let me tell you why.

I don't count the weekends.

and I don't count youth camp.

That means today is the first official day of summer 2009!

My last day of work was June 5th, and since I don't count weekends we skip ahead to June 8th. Well, on June 8th I was drug out of bed by my beloved husband and shipped away to youth camp as a counselor to some pretty crazy 10th grade girls (that I really love a lot by the way!). Anyway, I was at youth camp in Trinity Pines, TX 'til Friday, June 12th. And again, since I don't count weekends we skip ahead to TODAY!

TODAY is the official first day of summer 2009.

Here is what I've done today--my first day of summer--my first day off until I start back on August 17th.

I woke up at 730 and got ready...put on my workout shorts, t-shirt, and tennis shoes--that's right! On my very first day of summer I worked out first thing in the morning. If you know me at all, then you know that is QUITE the feat. Mom came over about 750 and we each had a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries (my favorite cereal), then we headed off to 24 Hour. We did the 1 hour step class at 830. REALLY hard to keep up with the crazy girl who lead it...she was very intense. I was drenched with sweat by the time we were done at 930.

Since we were already drenched with sweat, we decided it would be a good time to jet ski! So, we headed over to Mom's new house and changed clothes, got the jet ski key, and headed down to the marina (in case I haven't updated about this, Momma has a boat and 2 jet skiis that are parked in the marina in front of her house, it's pretty awesome!). We had quite the adventure riding the jet ski. First of all, the lake was so choppy it was like being on the ocean. I am not exagerrating when I tell you that there were REAL waves. We drove a far way, but stayed near the shore because it was a little bit smoother. When we came back to the boat slip to park, Momma thought it would be a good idea to basically jump from the jet ski onto the boat dock. She put one leg on the dock and one arm around the pole, and pushed with her other leg from the jet ski. When she did this, she sent me flying on the jet ski away from her. She apparently didn't give herself enough of a push and basically hung from the pole in the water screaming at me "Lauren, honey, I'm afraid a snake's going to get me!" (water moccassins have been seen in the boat slips from time to time). I know she was wanting me to help her, but I was laughing hysterically at the whole scene so it took me a while to get back to her and boost her up. I wish I had it on video.

After jet skiing we ran an errand to the bank and then set off to Buffalo Creek to set up some golf lessons for us this summer! I'm sure the person stuck teaching us has their work cut out for them! Ha ha!

Next we stopped for gas and then ate lunch at Johnny Carino's! They have a great new deal! Pick 2 for 9.99. You get an appetizer plus an entree for $10. That's a really good deal for them because most of their entrees are already about 9.99 alone! We had plenty of leftovers, and I'm fairly sure that Casey will eat mine for dinner. 5 Meat Pasta. I already told him about it, and he licked his lips. He loves meat. Crazy boy.

After lunch we went to Rue 21. I had a coupon for "buy $20 worth and get $10 off or buy $40 worth and get $20 off." Well, together, we ended up buying 5 shirts, 2 pairs of earrings, and a scarf for only $42. I'm just going to go ahead and say that that is an amazing deal. Seriously, people, 5 SHIRTS, 2 EARRINGS, AND 1 SCARF FOR $42?? Unheard of. That breaks down to about $5 an item. Craziness.

I know, I got a little excited about the shopping. It's just been a LONG while since I had some productive shopping. Lately things haven't been fitting right, not looking right, or just too darn expensive.

So, that's my first day of summer. Pretty fun, huh? I bet some of you 9-to-5ers are pretty jealous right now. You can look at it this way....I might get Christmas vacation, spring break, and summers off, but you're probably going to make more money, right? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I got an e-mail saying that you wrote on my Facebook wall, and I'm here in town at the Red River library. The library computer won't let me get on Facebook! I'll just say that I agree with you about this being a long camping trip. haha. Only 3 more days to go...
Oh, and your first official day of summer sounded like a lot of fun!

ashlynmccreary said...

very cool! I understand about being a teacher.. not sure which Rue 21 you went to but Tanger Outlet in Terrell has one and it always has great deals... and if you go to the customer service center in the corner you can get a coupon book for $3 and there are tons of coupons for the whole place :)