Saturday, November 22, 2008

On a Happier Note...

We bought a refrigerator and oven/range last night! We got two excellent deals!! We went into the scratch and dent side of Conn's in Mesquite and found a stainless steal refrigerator that is normally $2,800...it didn't have the price tag so we asked the guy how much it was. He said, "I think that one is 1199, but I'll check to make sure." He went and checked and it said 1499, but he said, "since I told you I thought it was 1199, I have to give it to you for that price if you want it." We went and looked at that particular fridge at other stores and sure enough, it was almost 3,000 at other stores so we went back and bought it for only 1199! We were so excited! It is one of the new fridge's that have the nice freezer drawer on the bottom. It is really nice!







Then we went to Best Buy and got a great deal on a stainless oven/range! We got the floor model and told them how cheap some of the stoves were over there. The manager asked how much theirs was and I told them it was 540 at Conn's if we opened up a card, while Best Buy's was 599. She said, "well how about you get this one for 499!" I am pretty sure my jaw dropped because I was not expecting her to take 100 dollars off of the price just because Conn's had one for 540. It was great. Casey and I were both on a high after getting such great deals on our two new appliances. We can't wait until they are delivered to our new house on Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your new refrigerator! Some friends of ours up here have a similar one and I love that the freezer is a big drawer on the bottom! Also, I think y'all bought the exact same stove we have in our apartment. At least it looks really similar...
Hope y'all have fun moving in this week!

Crystal said...

I love your new toys!! They are pretty and shiny!!hehe.. congrats! I can't wait to see how cute you make your new house!! =-)... and I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!