Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Legacy Lives On!

Recently I was on facebook looking at a girl's profile and pictures. The girl goes to GCA (my alma mater) and had facebooked me. I don't really know her, but she was a middle school cheerleader when I was a senior, so we had camps together and stuff. Well I was browsing through her homecoming pictures (homecoming week was always a fun time, so I was reminiscing!), and I came across a few pictures of her with her friends.

You see, when I was a junior, my friends and I came up with the idea to get t-shirts made for homecoming that said "The Six Chix," and we put our names on the back with the number "04" (the year we were to graduate). Our senior year we made another shirt that said the same thing! Since then, we still all get together from time to time! For the first 3 years of college we even met at PF Chang's every Christmas to exchange gifts (we didn't do it this year because my wedding was during Christmas so we saw each other a lot)!

Anyway, when I saw this girl's pictures I was surprised to see that she and her five friends had made shirts for homecoming as well. Guess what they said...that's right, you guessed it, "The Six Chix!" Ha ha. I guess our legend lives on girls! :)

Here we were our junior year on homecoming day!
This is me, Kristin, Crystal, Rachel, Lauren, and Amanda!
This was the night before at Tailgate Party that we always have the night before the big game!
The backs of our shirts!
The new Six Chix!! They seem to have body guards too :)

Another pair of shirts that they made!


I couldn't find the pictures from our senior year with our second shirt, but I still have both of the shirts in my closet! :) Ha ha. Love you girls!

2 comments:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

Isn't it funny how our pictures are all dark and far away? That's because we didn't have digital cameras back then-we either had film or throw aways! haha.

Crystal said...

That is awesome!! lol... how funny is that?!? We should all get together and invite the new six chix... pass on our wisdom... lol!