Monday, August 20, 2012

Baby #2: Week 21

Week 21 

Baby Changes: My baby boy now weighs about 3/4 of a pound and is around 10 1/2 inches long - the length of a carrot! I may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. I may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, my baby's eyebrows and lids are present now. 

Best moment this week: We went camping with friends this weekend and had a lot of fun! Sawyer and Whitley really enjoyed playing together and we adults had a good time, too! :)

Gender: BOY! (hoping to announce the name soon…I'm just waiting on Casey to give me the okay that he is fine with nailing it down…we did the same thing with Sawyer, haha).

Movement: my goodness this boy's a mover. I feel him kicking and moving way more than I did with Sawyer at this point in pregnancy. Casey even felt him kicking me to death the other night! Haha!

Food Cravings: Ceaser salad, fruit, fresh stuff. I still like sweets, but have been trying to kick the habit by having cereal instead ;)

What I am looking forward to: Getting started in the nursery! If life ever calms down we may have a moment to do something in there…I have big plans ;)

Pregnant Belly: I had a doctor's appointment this week and I gained 3 lbs this month (now at 123). My blood pressure was still really low at 90/50 and baby's heart rate was 158 beats per minute. Everything is going well! :)

Symptoms: My severe back pain has seemed to let up a little bit this week, but probably because I've been trying harder to take it easy. It's still been hurting some and definitely tense. I need to go get a massage soon ;)

Here's my 21 week picture while we were camping at Tyler State Park! :)

No comments: