Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 37

Week 37


Fruit/Veggie/Item
length of a Swiss chard
Size
according to www.babycenter.com she weighs 6 1/3 pounds and it a little bit over 19 inches
Baby Changes
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blondes or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
Best Moment this Week
I had my church/big baby shower on Saturday and it was just beautiful! I also had my school shower today which was another great time! Casey and I are extremely blessed with good friends and family that shower us with love and gifts for baby Sawyer. She will be lucky to meet all of the great people in our lives. :)
Gender
GIRL! Sawyer Grace Coats :)
Movement
She has actually picked up a little more movement these days. Movement was down a little as she started getting bigger and things were more crowded, but she seems to have found a way to move her little feet all up and down my rib cage. ;)
Food Craving
Just milk at this point. Even the ice cream has slowed down! I am getting fuller faster so that might be part of it. There's just not enough room for Sawyer and a lot of food. :)
Sleep
Been sleeping pretty hard! Have to get up to use the bathroom, but then it's right back to sleep for me! Sawyer normally kicks me awake about the same time my alarm is going off. :)
What I am looking forward to
Having her!!! It's getting so close, and I am just looking forward to going into labor! :)
Symptoms
Super swollen feet. Sore feet. Just feet in general. Haha! There's also acid reflux, but it's gotten a little better over the last couple of weeks. My body is generally more tired, but I am still doing well!
Weight
Well, I thought my weight gain had slowed, but I have gained 3 lbs in a week! I couldn't believe it! I'm up 33 lbs now, but that's not too much over my goal of 30, so I'm still happy. :)
To Do
  • finish nursery ~ check! It's officially done now! :)
  • scrapbook my pregnancy
  • continue filling out Sawyer's baby book
  • hang Sawyer's curtain in nursery ~ check!
  • get both cars detailed and washed - mine is done
  • install car seat base in my car
  • clean out the garage ~ check!
  • wash Sawyer's newborn clothes ~ check! 
  • get carpet cleaned at home
  • have garage sale
  • pack hospital bag
  • put stroller together ~ check!
  • put pack-n=play together ~ check!
  • hang up all baby clothes ~ check!
  • hang things on nursery wall ~ check!
  • order thank you cards ~ check!
  • write thank you cards
  • pack Sawyer's hospital bag
  • have Casey pack his own bag
  • put together swing
  • finish organizing Sawyer's closet

No comments: